Client: Port of Long Angeles (POLA)
Project: Perform a technical assessment on Project Information Control System (PICS)
Role: Contract and Project Management and Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
The primary objective for this initiative was to upgrade the servers from Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2016.
Our Services included:
- Analysis of existing Project Server environment (databases, web app, workflows, etc.)
- Execute test migration from Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2013, and Project Server 2013 to Project Server 2016
- Recommend tools and process improvement to upgrade Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2016 environment
- Provide a data model for the Project Server 2016 to be used for PICS to Project Server 2016 integration
- Evaluate technical feasibility of using PICS DLL (the DLL which integrates Project Server 2010 with PICS) with Project Server 2016
- Review alternative options for CIP Dashboard implementation SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Document the database differences between Project Server 2010 and Project Server 2016 with respect to those portions that impacted PICS integration and reporting
- Document outcome and final report, including project plan, scope and approach, of the POC with respect to technical analysis and feasibility study of upgrading the PICS computing environment to Project Server 2016.