Client: Los Angeles World Airport (LAWA)
Partnered with: Burns Engineering
Project: Digital Trunked Radio Modification Project
Role: Project Management and Subject Matter Expertise
E.K. provides leadership, analysis, research, recommendations, documentation, and Project Management on a variety of projects related to LAWA-wide strategic-related initiatives.
E.K.’s Project Manager/Subject Matter Expert is providing assistance with the upgrade of LAWA’s Digital Trunked Radio System at LAX and VNY.
Our responsibilities include:
- Developing project charters
- Developing preliminary scope statements for any LAWA Radio related project
- Developing RFIs, RFPs and RFBs for part of the 700 MHz Digital Trunked Radio Modification project
- Monitoring and managing project execution and work
- Managing change control documents
- Creating Work Breakdown Structures
- Sequencing and estimating task durations
- Developing schedules and controlling project costs
- Enforcing quality control and quality assurance
- Tracking action items, change requests, RFls, and milestones
- Providing project performance-metrics
- Communicating with stakeholders and managing contractors
- Monitoring and managing project risks
- Attending LAWA PMO meetings
- Providing engineering and project support on other Radio related projects such as Al\J1530 Radio transmitter Installation, fleet map planning, radio programming & configuration, radio system software upgrades, review Intermodulation and Interference studies
- Following best practices in project management outlined by Industry standards such as the Project Management Institute Book of Knowledge.