Client: Los Angeles World Airport (LAWA)
Partnered with: Kimley-Horn Associates
Project: Emergency Plan Writing and Development of a Comprehensive Emergency Management Program
Role: Create a Comprehensive Management Program
E.K. Associates partnered with Kimley-Horn Associates to create a Comprehensive Management Program for Los Angeles International Airport and LA/Ontario International Airport.
Our responsibilities included:
- Identifying and developing processes and procedures for the emergency preparedness measures to include training and exercises, which included broad functions such as continuous communication, maintaining computer systems, management roles, response operations, planning and intelligence gathering, evacuations, logistics, finance and administrative issues, intra- and inter-agency liaison, and public information dissemination
- Developing a recovery plan to guide the Airport and surrounding businesses in resuming vital functions and restoring the operations of the airport following a major incident
- Acting as the facilitator for one emergency management sub-committee and ensuring that tasks and deliverables developed in the meetings were accomplished
- Assisting LAWA in coordinating exercises, drills and tabletop exercises in relation to the developed emergency response plans, using the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) approach
- Building on the training program and calendar for LAWA first responders. The training program included the establishment of required proficiency levels that emergency responders must possess and to which they will be trained.