Client: Los Angeles World Airport (LAWA)
Partnered with: Siemens Industries
Project: LAWA Airport Response Coordination Center (ARCC) Maintenance and Operations Project
Role: Command Center Assessment and Support, CONOPS, and Geospatial Information System (eGIS) Planning
E.K. Associates assisted Siemens with multiple Maintenance and Operations (M&O) Projects at the ARCC. The projects included:
(1) Design and build a Situational Status Dashboard
Our Database Administrator/Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Designed a central repository database in SQL Server 2012,
- Created SSIS packages to transform data from different Airport sub systems,
- Created SSIS packages to download weather and Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) data from external web service,
- Created stored procedures to display data on Situational Status Dashboard SIT-STAT Dashboard,
- Created SQL jobs to run the scheduled packages at certain intervals.
(2) Technology Assessment – ARCC Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
Our team participated in individual and group interviews to gather information of the current use of the ARCC and user requirements. We provided an analysis of the ARCC operations with respect to the CONOPS. We worked with the project team to develop a needs assessment report of the ARCC.
As part of the final report, the following areas were addressed:
- Verification and validation of the current ARCC CONOPS,
- Assessment of the current state of ARCC operations,
- Identification of key user requirements for the ARCC,
- Recommendations for improvements at the ARCC.
(3) ARCC- SITUATOR
Our team interviewed LAWA staff to assess current usage of the SITUATOR platform to determine needs for enhancement and delivered high-level recommendations. The deliverable included a final report detailing specific recommendations for enhancing the SITUATOR deployment at the ARCC.
(4) Geospatial Information System (eGIS) Planning
E.K. developed a plan for implementing LAWA’s enterprise eGIS. Our team conducted an airport eGIS Best Practices Workshop for Information Management and Technology Group (IMTG) management and staff. All on-going LAWA relevant efforts, projects, priorities, and synergies were reviewed.
We developed a gap analysis and near-term plan for closing the gaps in the areas of technology, data and business processes, which included a gap bridging plan document and presentation. Our team developed an updated eGIS phased implementation plan and roadmap spanning 3 years. We also developed and mobilized an eGIS Change Management Plan, which included a communication plan, a configuration management plan, a documentation plan (policies, standards, processes & procedures), a staffing plan, a training plan, a compliance incentives plan, and a risk management plan.